FUV EverGreen Series Reveal
    Go To Post #1
I know my seat issue may sound petty, but the reason for my test drive was specific to driver comfort and why I made the long journey to Eugene. Driver comfort is far more important than performance and handling. If suddenly the goal is to reduce cost with cheaper component parts, rather than production scale, I’m on the edge of pissed. Most wouldn’t notice the seat change.......a seat is a seat.

Jacob has likely sat in all the FUV iterations, perhaps he can comment on the seat and calm me down. It may turn out to be a non-issue. Smile

Go To Post #1
I'll be pissed as well if things get cheapened as that would not be positive changes. Quality is very important!
    Go To Post #1
Things will get cheapened. It’s a fact. Just look at the plastic body panels and vinyl decals. Some things did get better: window plastic, ebrake is a button - no longer a knuckle scraper, better battery, a trunk, easier to get to 12v battery. But other things will get cheaper: seats, metal instead of aluminum platform, dashboard, etc. The perils of being early adopters. Not only that but we will pay more and there will be improvements in the future that we might not be able to take advantage of - at a lower cost no less! It’s the way it goes. Just think of those that spent $40k and have weird headlights, less battery, less control buttons, and a 12v battery that is a pain to get to.
    Go To Post #1
I respectfully disagree and not the same! Thankfully the Sig Series Owners volunteered to be testers in getting the FUV to production followed by the Betas that lead the way to make needed improvements for the retail production ready Evergreen, based on road testing miles and use for first round validation testing.

The Evergreen Edition reveal was the Evergreen Edition reveal...........the retail production ready Flagship FUV that the first 100 Evergreen adopters plunked down their $5K deposits for. Please don’t reveal the Evergreen Edition, Take reservation deposits on those specs, and then proceed to change those specs or cheapen component parts prior to assembly and delivery.

I knew the body panels would be molded plastic and color would be vinyl wraps based on the Beta Builds and the fact that their was never a paint booth planned for the AMP. The only peril to early adopters would be any bugs that may have not been caught in the thousands of hours of bench testing component parts and thousands of everyday use miles put on the Sigs and Betas.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Put speculation but could some of it have to do with failed testing? Maybe those seats didn’t pass a certain test, and weren’t cost effective to be modified?
I’ll admit I didn’t notice the change in the pictures and videos, I saw the added logo and was excited(really like the logo, really dislike the name FUV, but I digress). But now that I see the pictures you shared Rick, it’s pretty obviously a step down, visually at the very least!
    Go To Post #1
And just because the seats *look* different doesn't necessarily mean they're less comfortable. Heck, maybe they tested the seats in the reveal, and discovered they're garbage.
    Go To Post #1
Yes, they could be as good or better, but they look much cheaper than the seats in the Meet the Evergreen Edition video. Kinda like on-line dating, the date may not look as good in person as their enhanced on-line photos.

Swapping for better is fine, swapping to save money not so much. Perhaps Arcimoto missed the opportunity to communicate and explain the reason for the change (Perhaps an improvement) to early Evergreen Edition buyers. Again, could be a non-issue, but would prefer no “maybe’s/could be’s on a $20K vehicle resulting in surprise and disappointment to discover those changes after taking delivery........unless of course it’s surprise because it beat my expectation.

Go To Post #1
Under the Evergreen specs page on Arcimoto.com it does say:
"Price, options and specifications are subject to change"

Hopefully not the price :/
    Go To Post #1
Rickb, compared side by side the Evergreen seats look much nicer to me, of course seeing, touching, and sitting in are the important things.
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
Perhaps AMC should offer a seat upgrade. Such things are available on some autos.
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post