Changes to the FUV body shape
    Go To Post #1
I created some images to help see what the overall changes are to the dimensions of the Evergreen. I tried to match them up well but these may not be accurate. Evergreen is in green and the previous version is in red.  I also noticed they dropped the handhold for the back seat. Ground clearance looks a little less but that is probably from the angle the photo was taken (and my editing skills). 
[Image: Evergreen-On-Bottom.jpg]
[Image: Evergreen-On-Top.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jetpad's post
    Go To Post #1
Where is the handhold in the red picture?
    Go To Post #1
(02-17-2019, 05:52 PM)DanPDX Wrote: Where is the handhold in the red picture?

The hand hold is that little triangle on the ceiling of the back seat right behind where the drivers head would be.
[+] 1 user Likes jetpad's post
    Go To Post #1
Ahh I didn't notice it was missing(was looking at the red triangle)
    Go To Post #1
Perhaps that ‘handhold’ blocked a tight fit of the full enclosure panel.

Go To Post #1
(02-17-2019, 08:57 PM)Rickb Wrote: Perhaps that ‘handhold’ blocked a tight fit of the full enclosure panel.

Yea, with windows it might make that little detail more complicated. I don't know if it was more handhold or bracing but just the vertical bar will probably serve as well for a handhold.
    Go To Post #1
(02-17-2019, 09:11 PM)jetpad Wrote: Yea, with windows it might make that little detail more complicated. I don't know if it was more handhold or bracing but just the vertical bar will probably serve as well for a handhold.
My layperson guess was bracing, but apparently unnecessary from an engineer’s perspective.  There was some discussion about the design/engineering challenges of making the enclosure panels fit and seal as tight as possible on the tubular frame to reduce wind noise and water penetration. 

I would like to see a video of Mark F. putting on and taking off the California Doors on the Evergreen.  Also, curious about the weight of the full enclosure panels and the final specs on windows, will they zip or hinge to flip up or down.

Go To Post #1
After staring at old and new FUV videos and photos, I think the additional length on the FUV is just in the nose section. And I think the height might just be from the rear shock absorber having more room or sitting higher.
    Go To Post #1
(02-18-2019, 02:38 PM)jetpad Wrote: After staring at old and new FUV videos and photos, I think the additional length on the FUV is just in the nose section. And I think the height might just be from the rear shock absorber having more room or sitting higher.
Probably as a result of adding the center headlights.

Go To Post #1
IF you look at the old vs new evergreen specs you will see that the wheelbase grew by 2.5 in and the overall length by 4in. Maybe the wheelbase is due to the battery and the aditional 1.5 is due to the nose