Mapping my delivery drive... Cuttin' it close!
    Go To Post #1
Using PlugShare's "Trip Planner," I decided to see if it thinks I could drive it home in one go.

Giving PlugShare a 100 mile range, it says I will make it home with 5 blocks of range to spare.  Dodgy

So as not to show my home address, I also did it in reverse, and it shows similar range to get to the AMP:

[Image: FUVrange.png]

I'll find out in a few months! (I'll be taking Highway 99W, which has a few Level 2 chargers along the route, so plenty of opportunity to charge if it doesn't look like I'll make it.)
[+] 2 users Like CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
You must be a lot closer than me(Beaverton area) says 105 mile drive, which with the greatly reduced range from speeds over 40, I’m thinking it’s going to take a full charge mid trip somewhere for me
[+] 1 user Likes DanPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
I'm thinking I'll make a lot of use of the "avoid freeways" feature in Google Maps to decrease my average speed and increase range. But I'm usually not cutting it as close as you!
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Jacob, Don’t you live within a mile of the AMP?  Smile

Go To Post #1
Three miles. But I drive all over the area on a daily basis. Trip planning is going to be a fun challenge.
    Go To Post #1
I thought your trip planning reference was to pick up your FUV Evergreen and get it home.

Go To Post #1
Okay maybe I got a little off-topic there. ?
    Go To Post #1
(02-20-2019, 01:15 AM)DanPDX Wrote: You must be a lot closer than me(Beaverton area) says 105 mile drive, which with the greatly reduced range from speeds over 40, I’m thinking it’s going to take a full charge mid trip somewhere for me

Hrm, interesting... I'm in "City of Portland" but right on the Beaverton border. Now that I look again, I put in "100 mile range," yet it shows the door-to-door as 117 miles driven! I guess the range circle isn't like the BMW i3's "takes route in to account," it's just a pure "range as the crow flies".  So, yeah, unless I get way better efficiency than they expect, I'll be stopping to top off in McMinville or something.

For comparison, here's me mapping the drive to Arcimoto on the BMW phone app's navigation. It shows "range estimates" that take in to account the route, terrain, etc. PlugShare doesn't do this. (Too bad, it's a great feature!)

[Image: IMG-3087.jpg]

(I've driven my i3 a bit already today, and it's the older smallest battery model, so no way it can get to AMP on one charge... Especially not with Winter lower efficiency. A fully charged 2019 i3 could do it.)
    Go To Post #1
I added a calculation to my spreadsheet for road trips, with one 4-hour stop during the day for recharge.

30 mph, 300 mile range, 14 hour day including the stop (10 hours driving).
40 mph, 201 mile range, 9 hour day including the stop (5 hours driving).

Above 40 mph, it takes less time to cover the same distance by going slower and skipping the recharge.
[+] 1 user Likes DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
Has Arcimoto published the specs for the on-board charger? (The thingy inside the vehicle that converts AC current into DC and then shoves it into the battery - i.e., the MAX charging rate.)

A 6 kW charger would allow you to add 6 kWh during a one hour stop (duh), or about an extra 35 miles of range. Well, *IF* the L2 (level-2) charging unit puts out that much juice.

Having driven electric for several years now, I am willing to provide info / details / opinions (and more importantly, outright biases Wink ) on portable EVSEs ('charging cables') for the forum population, if requested.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post