Question on Oregon Incentives
    Go To Post #1
So for us Oregonians we all saw we will qualify for the $2500 EV rebate right away, and there is another $2500 rebate for moderate household income levels. I checked and in my area, I unfortunately just miss out on qualifying for that rebate. Because that extra $2500 brings the FUV down to my initial target of $15k originally, it has got me thinking.

I know this question may drum up some ethical concerns, but I am just curious. It may be more trouble than it is worth, but say someone had their retired father-in-law(who qualifies on income) buy it and sell it to them, would the father in law still be able get the rebate? Does he have to own it through the end of the year or something? Does anyone know how it works exactly?
    Go To Post #1
Better yet, Your father-in-law should buy it, take advantage of all the rebates, and gift it to you. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
For the Oregon law, you have to have it registered in your (the purchaser's) name for at least two years, or you have to pay back *ALL* of both incentives. (At least according to the form I just got emailed to me by DEQ yesterday for my EV purchase last year.)

They also haven't clarified how they're going to measure income. If they measure "taxable income," I'm getting it, if they measure "gross income" I won't. And just barely. This year, we're pretty screwed, though, as my wife is getting a large check for the sale of part of her family farm. That'll push us way over the income limit, so no bonus $2500 on the FUV, just the main $2500. (And dear $deity, I hope they look at last year's numbers for our EV from last year, and don't ask for current income!)
    Go To Post #1
(02-20-2019, 10:06 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: For the Oregon law, you have to have it registered in your (the purchaser's) name for at least two years, or you have to pay back *ALL* of both incentives. (At least according to the form I just got emailed to me by DEQ yesterday for my EV purchase last year.)

They also haven't clarified how they're going to measure income. If they measure "taxable income," I'm getting it, if they measure "gross income" I won't.  And just barely. This year, we're pretty screwed, though, as my wife is getting a large check for the sale of part of her family farm. That'll push us way over the income limit, so no bonus $2500 on the FUV, just the main $2500.  (And dear $deity, I hope they look at last year's numbers for our EV from last year, and don't ask for current income!)

Very interesting, thanks for that insight! I was also wondering, if we were to get ours in June, and then lets say the Federal government re-enacted the electric motorcycle credit later in the year, would we be screwed?
    Go To Post #1
It depends on how it were done. If it is "tax credit for purchase during the year" then you'd get to claim it on your taxes next year. But I have absolutely zero confidence on the current government giving any alternative-fuel/green energy tax credits.
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
(02-20-2019, 10:23 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: It depends on how it were done. If it is "tax credit for purchase during the year" then you'd get to claim it on your taxes next year. But I have absolutely zero confidence on the current government giving any alternative-fuel/green energy tax credits.

Tax Penalties are more likely under the current administration.
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post