Potholes and the rear wheel?
    Go To Post #1
I drive around my city needing to dodge ever increasing pothole development. It occurs to me that my strategy of weaving in or out to miss them with the front and back tires  of my little Transit van will have to change else the center rear wheel of the FUV will always end up hitting every hole that passes between the 2 front wheels.  

This winter was abnormally bad on the local streets, and the city is slow to repair the more significant potholes.  The smaller ones are left to grow a bit before they'll be patched up. 

Curious I am how anyone who has driven a 3-wheeler deals with similar winter-worn streets?

4D
    Go To Post #1
Perhaps the FUV is narrow, quick, and nimble enough to drive around rather than over the dreaded pothole.

If you see a pothole report it to Domino’s Pizza Pot Hole Repair Hotline:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JDd-HP3FA4s

Go To Post #1
(04-09-2019, 08:24 PM)4dthinker Wrote: I drive around my city needing to dodge ever increasing pothole development. It occurs to me that my strategy of weaving in or out to miss them with the front and back tires  of my little Transit van will have to change else the center rear wheel of the FUV will always end up hitting every hole that passes between the 2 front wheels.  

This winter was abnormally bad on the local streets, and the city is slow to repair the more significant potholes.  The smaller ones are left to grow a bit before they'll be patched up. 

Curious I am how anyone who has driven a 3-wheeler deals with similar winter-worn streets?

4D
For me I would avoid with the 2 wheels I can see and hope for the best for the 3rd wheel I can't.  I'm curious as to how they ship these. A regular car hauler won't work and it would be really inefficient to ship in a truck ...
    Go To Post #1
Having driven nearly 3,000 miles on Goldie, I can tell you that it does take a different mindset for dealing with “road hazards” driving an FUV (or other three wheelers). It did take me a while to get used to the center rear wheel and how best to avoid potholes and such. But as mentioned previously, the FUV is quick and nimble and usually easy to maneuver around them.
[+] 2 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
Steve, Thanks for sharing your experiences with Goldie. I think we are all going to have a fun fly the road driving experience.

Go To Post #1
I once test drove an Arcimoto through a pretty rough construction zone where the back wheel hit several bumps. It handled just fine.
    Go To Post #1
(04-10-2019, 12:50 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: Having driven nearly 3,000 miles on Goldie, I can tell you that it does take a different mindset for dealing with “road hazards” driving an FUV (or other three wheelers).  It did take me a while to get used to the center rear wheel and how best to avoid potholes and such.  But as mentioned previously, the FUV is quick and nimble and usually easy to maneuver around them.

when "Goldie" was down here in the San Diego area for an audition,... one thing I notice with a test drive that got my attention immediately is the different noise ya get when the center wheel runs over a metal man hole cover,... the all too brief road test I had was on a smooth asphalt road but there was a man hole that wasn't quite even with the road surface,... so when the beefy swing arm of the rear wheel hit the slightly uneven surface at about 25 mph "the noise"  would be slightly disconcerting if one was not aware of what was happening
    Go To Post #1
Having driven thousands and thousands of mile with a 3 wheel vehicle in the same 2 front & center rear wheel configuration. One will adjust quickly as to either going around the pot hole or just barely missing the pot hole on the inside of the front tire as the majority of pot holes are not so large(width) that they will have the rear wheel hit them. Same thing for object in the road.
[+] 3 users Like loopy's post