Production timeline update
    Go To Post #1
So I asked arcimoto where things were as far as production, if we are still on track etc.
He mentioned “We'll have vehicles rolling off the line in the coming weeks”
I asked what those vehicles would be for, and was told for company vehicles, test vehicles and then onto customer vehicles.
He noted I would likely be contacted late May to early June to finalize payment and schedule delivery.
That last little bit let’s me know I’m probably going to be mid to late June. Still was nice to hear something, ANYTHING!
I will be attending the open house which should be fun.

Excuse typos as I used my phone and too lazy to proof read
[+] 5 users Like DanPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Yeah, I’m curious if they would ask for full payment without proof of vehicle with VIN number and full certification including roll over. Seeing as I’m around #100 I would not give full payment without some Evergreens already delivered. It would make me too nervous.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
Ummm if I hadn’t seen the evergreen video with what I assume was a fully completed evergreen? Then no I wouldn’t have put $5k yet. I believe I am somewhere in the 80-90 range for the Evergreen edition.
I still am confident we get them but really want as much summertime as possible and it feels more and more likely I’m gonna be late June best case scenario at this point. I’d its June sometime I’ll be satisfied .
[+] 1 user Likes DanPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Just curious who "He" was? As far as "coming weeks" that could be anywhere from next week to a year from now. Frankly given when the ribbon cutting of their new assembly line happened I would expect at least a few fully finished evergreens to be rolling around by now.

4D
    Go To Post #1
I am replying to both of the above:
He is Jonathan Miller, a very longtime employee at Arcimoto.
His comment on in the coming weeks wasn’t in direct response to me asking when production starts, it was due to me asking him if we were still on schedule? That’s when he told me:

“We're in the process of finishing our final tests and certification now, and are on track to deliver our first Evergreens this June.

You're in the first batch of vehicles and we'll be in touch in late May/early June to arrange delivery, final paperwork and payment.

Meanwhile, if you tell me your favorite color choice, I'll update your order!”

To that I told him I’d like to see them in person and not renderings before I pick my color.
To that comment he said:
“We'll have vehicles rolling off the line in the coming weeks so no need to decide on color quite yet. ”

So the “in the coming weeks” comment was vague yes but he was trying to reassure me that I will have time to see some real color examples in person.
Hope I cleared that up some...
[+] 2 users Like DanPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
DanPDX, Thanks for clearing that up! That made for a way different scenario and sounds like all is good and on schedule. I’m wanting to see the color on actual Evergreens too!

Go To Post #1
(04-29-2019, 03:35 AM)Rickb Wrote: DanPDX,  Thanks for clearing that up!  That made for a way different scenario and sounds like all is good and on schedule.  I’m wanting to see the color on actual Evergreens too!

Yeah I realized when I typed it out, context probably should have been included.
So when he told me “We'll have vehicles rolling off the line in the coming weeks so no need to decide on color quite yet.”, I told him that was great to here and I'd wait to decide then. I asked what will be happening with those vehicles, since he made it clear June is still target for deliveries, I figured the ones coming off the line in coming weeks would maybe be used for something else.
That is when he responded about a few of them being company vehicles, test vehicles and then into customer orders.
I suppose that makes sense, it doesnt appear they even have one completed Evergreen model on hand that they use for demos and videos. I have never seen additional media of the one in the reveal video. They probably should have 5 or so at least that they own with different color sets so they can have move videos, give test drives of the finished vehicle, etc.

I also wonder if him mentioning vehicles rolling off line in coming weeks, if that means they anticipate the certification to be done in the next few weeks too...  Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
[+] 2 users Like DanPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
DanPDX, I think the 12-15 FUVs returned from the testing labs will become company vehicles. I was told prior to placing my order that there was a very conservative schedule production startup and ramp in April and May ass.u.ming regulatory compliance certification before June. Also, mentioned was that things can happen and certification testing is out of their direct control................and that..................

Arcimoto Engineers are completely knowledgeable of the certification requirements and the changes made on the recently assembled retail ready FUVs, shipped to the testing labs, meet those requirements.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Does anyone know when the Quarterly call is scheduled for today?
    Go To Post #1
(05-09-2019, 02:01 PM)DanPDX Wrote: Does anyone know when the Quarterly call is scheduled for today?

2 PM Pacific time