My purchase/delivery experience
    Go To Post #1
Preemptive thread to document my purchase/delivery experience.

For background, I placed my $100 pre-order deposit back in April 2011, back when it was still the "Arcimoto SRK". Later determined I had pre-order number 19.

(Delays)

Decided not to spend the "OMG, HOW much?" for a Signature Series in 2017 (but hey, great on you Creative Guy and PAX for doing so and helping finalize the design!) so waited for full retail delivery.

(More delays.)

Because I'm in the right area, I was offered an Evergreen slot in February 2019, and I put down my $5000. I selected "Custom Shop" design/paint.  Because of people either not in the right area for Evergreen and/or choosing not to buy the more expensive Evergreen, I have Evergreen order number 4.

In early June 2019, I was contacted to work with their graphic design team on my design.  Got it finalized by mid-June.

(More delays)

At the retail launch event in September 2019, I spoke with a few employees, but wasn't able to get any firm information on when mine would be done.

As of today, September 24 2019, I have a few answers.

Yes, the Signature Series vehicles were officially recalled, so they are all being replaced with full-production hardware from the front of the line. Then there was a corporate partnership. that had its vehicles recalled that need replacing, too.  So as of 9/24, the due date for Evergreen #4 is "about two weeks, mid-October."

The hard doors (which are to contain an integral part of my custom design,) are still not finalized. I was offered the choice of delaying delivery until the doors are ready, taking delivery without the doors and getting them when they are ready, or "downgrading" to soft doors, and the hard doors would be a cost-add purchase later.  I chose to go with the soft doors (which are black fabric,) instead of waiting or having no doors to start.  I'll likely then wait until the full (hard) doors are available to get the finished design.

I'll keep this thread up to date through my delivery process, and with later developments (like the doors.)
[+] 6 users Like CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
I am curious if you had any seat stitching choices presented to you. Several people on this forum thought the diamond stitching was standard, but I called to make a request for diamond stitching on mine (like on the red Marcimoto and yellow Army West Point). The standard looks like a regular car seat (like on the blue one at the event)
    Go To Post #1
Just got the call - my FUV will be ready for pickup next Thursday (10/10/19,) although I won’t be able to make it down there Thursday, so I’ll get it Friday.

They aren’t charging me for my custom design yet, because the actual “design” part is on the rear door, which won’t be ready. The main body part of the design is just a couple pinstripes. I’m getting the soft doors, and will buy the full doors (with the custom design) when they become available.

Total cost &19,900, plus Oregon license and title charges (about $400), minus $5100 deposit already paid.

Edit: also confirmed that the diamond-stitch seats were included on the Signature Series replacements, but are a $200 add-on for "true Evergreen".
[+] 4 users Like CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
CharonPDX, Good news! That means #019 is only days out from delivery. Curious what the price difference is when going from the hard half doors to soft half doors and more importantly the added cost of the full doors? Doesn’t sound like any door credit until you order the full doors.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-02-2019, 10:13 PM)Rickb Wrote: CharonPDX, Good news! That means #019 is only days out from delivery. Curious what the price difference is when going from the hard half doors to soft half doors and more importantly the added cost of the full doors? Doesn’t sound like any door credit until you order the full doors.
I don’t think there is any price diff between hard and soft, it is simply a choice. He is #4 in the Evergreen queue. He will buy full doors when they become available and keep soft with no credit (at this time). It was predicted full doors would cost $4000 which I seriously doubt it will end up costing.
    Go To Post #1
Correct, I was just given the choice between soft doors now, or half-hard doors in a month or two, for the same price. (I didn't ask about a discount to just accept no doors.) The Evergreen price has always been with half doors.

No door credit because I'm not turning in the half doors, correct. I'm keeping them even when I get full doors. I have asked about the price for hard doors multiple times, and have never gotten an answer. Not even a vague range. Notably I did *NOT* ask during today's call, though.

I really hope it isn't anywhere near $4000. That would just be too much. Then again, if it's the once-mocked-up "giant gull wing door", maybe. :-D
    Go To Post #1
Thanks for the information. Mark stated that I could take delivery without doors and they would ship out the full hard doors when available. I assume the cost of the half doors would credit when purchasing the full doors, but I have no indicator of the msrp of either.

I need doors for my application and considering taking delivery with the half doors and buying the full doors (at cost) pending styling, fit, finish, and function, but $4K no way. They would have to be power lift Gullwing doors that open/close remotely for that kind of money. I heard $2K estimates way back when.

Go To Post #1
I have a fiberglass topper with a small window broken. The cost of repair is the same price as the topper itself. Lol.

Take a blue tarp and glue bubble wrap to it. Possibly bolt them together as well with giant washers. Cut it to fit on both sides. Put a rivet hole in the tarp to see left and right. (A small peakhole) maybe spray paint the tarp if you like fansy.
    Go To Post #1
I like fansy, but my only application for a tarp would be a FUV custom fit tarp to keep the dust off my Evergreen. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
CharonPDX, I recall you stating your base color choice was Silver with minimal vinyl color accent. I had the custom shop do a render of Silver with the Sport Color Accent/Yellow. Typical color placement to what you ordered, but with the custom door treatment? Please post a photo after you take delivery on Friday. Eager to see an actual Silver Evergreen with some color placement. Thanks!
[Image: 36-DC23-BB-223-D-4-CA7-8696-4-A47-E6-B2-E391.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post