My purchase/delivery experience
    Go To Post #1
If you find someone to make custom FUV covers, I'm in for one - no garage, so mine will be parked in the elements.

My avatar is the latest render - silver base color, black "accent" color along the bottom, with a tri-color pinstripe separating the two colors going from beltline level on the cargo box (so the bottom of the cargo box,) down just behind the rear door to "floor level." When the full hard doors are available, there will be more design on the rear door.

Just got word today that actual construction will be complete tomorrow, QA testing on Wednesday. It *MIGHT* be ready for pickup Wednesday afternoon - but I'd need to know by mid-day tomorrow which I doubt they'll know. So I'll be heading down Friday to pick it up and drive it home.
[+] 5 users Like CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
CharonPDX, I sent arcimoto a message about this company of which I saw a full door first hand that they make for various UTV's. I thought you might want to ask arcimoto about it since shockpros.com already have a full door with easy opening window for quite a few UTV applications and in colors to boot. If you had a fully cloth door I'm not sure you would need a cover as that would keep the elements out of the interior when parked outside. So check them out.  https://shockpros.com/
    Go To Post #1
I think not having some sort of full door is pretty impractical. Who wants to put on sopping wet seatbelts? I’m looking at making the upper frame and putting in zippered plastic film windows like a jeep.
    Go To Post #1
I thought the same regarding full doors and have been thinking about taking delivery doorless and having full doors shipped when available, but would like to know exactly how long and the cost of both to help make that decision. Few rainy days in my neck of the woods and if rain is in the forecast, I’ll park the FUV and drive the SUV. The FUV is supplement transportation for me, but assume I will choose to drive the FUV at every given opportunity.

Go To Post #1
Welp... Delay.

I was originally going to go down on Friday 10/11, but my afternoon meetings today (Thursday 10/10) got canceled, so I called and emailed to verify it was ready and that I was heading down. (Since the last I had heard it was finished assembly on Tuesday, with QA complete on Wednesday; I figured they would have let me know if something happened in QA.). I was 1/3 of the 2 hour trip down when I got the call saying it was delayed due to a newly found issue. The repair was happening right then, QA on the repair to be done late this afternoon or early tomorrow, but "almost certainly" not ready tonight. He did offer to ship it up to me free because of the confusion.

So... We'll see if it gets shipped up tomorrow (the day I was originally going to head to Eugene,) or later...
    Go To Post #1
Hey ED, Hope the delivery went smoothly. Put on some FUV miles/smiles tomorrow and let us know it goes! Enjoy the Ride!

Go To Post #1
P.S. Yes. It’s here! After the delay, they brought it to me on a truck yesterday (10/11) evening. I goofed up and parked it facing downhill in my driveway too close to my other car. In reverse, it needs a couple feet to drift forward downhill before the motor actually kicks in, it won’t reverse holding the brakes, so I had to wait until this morning to move things in my driveway to allow it to get out.

Have driven it a few miles today, and it’s a blast! Both times I parked it, I had to answer questions about it, and got many head turning stares, thumbs ups and “cool car!”s. I’m not a motorcycle rider, so I’m still getting fully used to the controls - I won’t take it on the freeway for a couple weeks at least. But it’s definitely a good driver!

I’ll post a full review with good pictures taken with my good camera in a few days.
[+] 2 users Like CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-12-2019, 10:50 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: P.S. Yes. It’s here! After the delay, they brought it to me on a truck yesterday (10/11) evening. I goofed up and parked it facing downhill in my driveway too close to my other car. In reverse, it needs a couple feet to drift forward downhill before the motor actually kicks in, it won’t reverse holding the brakes, so I had to wait until this morning to move things in my driveway to allow it to get out.

The reverse on our Signature was pretty weak. I experienced something similar backing up an incline although I don't remember rolling forward, just a lack of power.  I figured it was choked down to prevent accidental fast acceleration in reverse.
    Go To Post #1
That seems like a really bad limitation to require 2 feet in front of you if you need to back out from a downhill position. How does that work with parallel parking downhill and a car parks in front of you giving you inches? Or even angle parking downhill. This sounds like a major problem that needs to be reported and looked into.
    Go To Post #1
Would the old trick of holding the hydraulic brake while applying power in reverse work?