Stock price
    Go To Post #1
The big difference is that in "forward looking statements" they can't outright lie. They can't say "we're on track to deliver mid 2018" if they already have inside information about a delay that means there is zero chance of meeting even that vague deadline. FLS is a safety blanket, not a get-out-of-lawsuit-free card. (As proven in this exact case. :-P )
    Go To Post #1
How does inside info on a delay make it out into the world?
    Go To Post #1
(10-14-2019, 06:42 PM)harriska2 Wrote: How does inside info on a delay make it out into the world?

In this case, Arcimoto announced it after the IPO. The people who filed the lawsuit argue that that information should have been made public before the IPO, thus they were "damaged" by the information coming out after, lowering the stock price.

I say "meh" - I'm holding on to my shares for the long term. (Or until they appreciate enough that I can sell half and pay off the vehicle loan. :-D)
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Whistleblowers! Smile

The only thing I know about the stock market is buy low, sell high, and diversify. I always wondered how the heck a new startup business without a product to sell and/or sales revenue can be listed on NASDAQ!? We all know it’s a high risk gamble as either long term investor support of the company/product or in the case of day traders quick profits from a manipulative/ volatile market.

I don’t expect much $FUV upward movement until after proven market acceptance and reports of retail sales revenue starting to roll in to fund expansion.

Go To Post #1
Well, on a side note, the price moved above the recent stock offering price today! (The offering was at $2.25, it closed at $2.27 today.) In fact, EV makers were the only stocks in my portfolio that went up today! Everyone was down except Tesla and Arcimoto!
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
The main purpose of the stock market is to finance startups and expansions. That does not come without risk.