Storage shed
    Go To Post #1
Will the arcimoto fit in a 8x8 storage facility? I think an 8x8 is pretty standard but I'm not sure.
    Go To Post #1
Arcimoto Weight and measures: (Be sure of the 8x8 storage unit’s inside dimensions)

[Image: C53-BBEC6-A34-F-469-F-B90-B-06380-B7-EF6-B6.jpg]

Go To Post #1
I posted this about canopies a while back (they are just examples, I didn't really spend much time on it) :

https://fuvowners.com/showthread.php?tid...07#pid4407
[+] 2 users Like SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
I just put up a 10x10 canopy to cover mine. Fits well enough.
[Image: IMG-6155.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Greetings,
I picked up a 10' X 10' "garage in a box at Harbor Freight Tools. ($130.00 with a coupon)
It's pretty much the minimal size you would want to store an FUV.
This is temporary storage for Goldie II while I build a permanent 10' X14' Goldie Garage.
[Image: IMG-3603.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2642.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2643.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
Weeeellllp, my awning lasted all of two days. Turns out the included stakes weren't really sufficient to stake in to my gravel driveway to hold it in high winds. Came back from a movie to find the awning flopped behind the FUV, two "foot" poles broken, two attachment points broken, three main awning poles bent, awning itself ripped in two places. :oops:
    Go To Post #1
I've had things like that. The stakes they sold me were too small and never stayed in the ground. The wind always pulled them out and I had to become creative. I'm not sure of the brand I had but the stakes were simple curved metal. Very short with no bite, much like a tent. It never held up for me and it was alot of maintenance. After that debacle, I've turned my back on all tents and canopies. Kids would always trip over the ropes and I would trip over them in the dark. They look small but the ropes take up alot of room. The opposite of why I bought it, which is to save space.
    Go To Post #1
(12-03-2019, 02:55 AM)CharonPDX Wrote: Weeeellllp, my awning lasted all of two days. Turns out the included stakes weren't really sufficient to stake in to my gravel driveway to hold it in high winds. Came back from a movie to find the awning flopped behind the FUV, two "foot" poles broken, two attachment points broken, three main awning poles bent, awning itself ripped in two places.  :oops:

It sounds like there were more problems that just "insufficient stakes". Unless the tarp/cover "turned into a sail" (by having one stake pulled out) the fact that poles were broken and bent pretty much means "not sturdy enough".

But NOW, you have a good measure of "not good enough" : keep one of those poles as a "this isn't sturdy enough" to compare with any new purchase".
    Go To Post #1
(11-28-2019, 04:08 PM)Templedog1 Wrote: Will the arcimoto fit in a 8x8 storage facility? I think an 8x8 is pretty standard but I'm not sure.

At the risk of stating the obvious, regardless of the overall or even internal dimensions of the storage shed/facility, make sure the door opening to the shed is wide enough for the FUV to fit through.  ( > 61 inches)   A quick internet search on 8x8 storage sheds had door openings (even double door) as narrow as 44".
[+] 3 users Like EyeOnFUV's post
    Go To Post #1
EyeOnFUV, GOOD POINT. Sometimes we are blinded by the obvious until it smacks us in the face!

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post