Storage shed
    Go To Post #1
Based on what Mark said recently, I now estimate that I can't get my #1007 FUV until October 2020. Maybe later if there are a lot of fleet sales.

https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/new...c-fun.html
    Go To Post #1
(01-19-2020, 03:53 PM)DanCooper Wrote: Based on what Mark said recently, I now estimate that I can't get my #1007 FUV until October 2020. Maybe later if there are a lot of fleet sales.

https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/new...c-fun.html

I don’t think your pre order deposit number has anything to do with it. It has to do with where you live and how much you are willing to pay. I’m pre-order #3500 (or so) but willing to pay $14,900- $19,900. I’m in Oregon so qualify to purchase an Evergreen. Oregon offers rebates up to $5000, which we qualify for both.
    Go To Post #1
I live in Wyoming where most people hate EVs (because fossil fuel companies control the debate) and the state government is trying to put special taxes on them. and there are no incentives. Will I ever be able to get an FUV at any price? Maybe I will go back to motorcycling and to hell with what my wife says.
    Go To Post #1
(01-20-2020, 04:01 PM)DanCooper Wrote: I live in Wyoming where most people hate EVs (because fossil fuel companies control the debate) and the state government is trying to put special taxes on them. and there are no incentives. Will I ever be able to get an FUV at any price? Maybe I will go back to motorcycling and to hell with what my wife says.

My gut tells me they will open up a wider area of sales later this year. Their issue is cost of flying/driving people out for warranty repairs - and there are many. They may have to touch all first 100 vehicles to replace the displays. So they are being careful in the rollout.

That said, if you are handy and willing to do your own warranty work or have a way of bringing it to Oregon for warranty work you can probably find a way to use someone else's address and buy one this year for the full price. Looks like we have someone that lives in Louisiana and another person in North Carolina that are getting Evergreens.
    Go To Post #1
I'm around #2000 and should be getting my Evergreen next month.

A lot of people in the original $100 deposit list are waiting for the base model at closer to $12k. When they opened up Evergreen reservations for a $5k deposit in early February 2019, I wasn't able to reserve one until early March 2019. In that month, only 54 other people in CA/OR/WA put in a $5k deposit.

I suggest you email Arcimoto if you are interested in getting an Evergreen. Wyoming is just the next state from Idaho, and one of the first 100 Evergreens is going to Idaho. I recall that Arcimoto will be opening up another Evergreen opportunity in February or March. You could have your Evergreen before the summer!
[+] 2 users Like Odi's post
    Go To Post #1
I e-mailed info@arcimoto.com several days ago and have not had a reply. Are they not going to sell outside of the service areas they have set up?

I expected to have an FUV long before now. My vehicle plans have been on hold. I have too many vehicles now. The one vehicle I cannot do without is the Subaru Forester, because it is the only one that can get up the 20% hill when there is snow and ice. But its fuel economy is terrible. Maybe I should give up on the FUV and get rid of all the vehicles and replace them with one expensive 2020 Subaru Crosstrek plug-in hybrid. That is the only vehicle I have found that will meet all my needs and have really decent fuel economy. And use my E-bike for fun and light errands.
    Go To Post #1
(01-24-2020, 04:04 PM)DanCooper Wrote: I e-mailed info@arcimoto.com several days ago and have not had a reply. Are they not going to sell outside of the service areas they have set up?

I expected to have an FUV long before now. My vehicle plans have been on hold. I have too many vehicles now. The one vehicle I cannot do without is the Subaru Forester, because it is the only one that can get up the 20% hill when there is snow and ice. But its fuel economy is terrible. Maybe I should give up on the FUV and get rid of all the vehicles and replace them with one expensive 2020 Subaru Crosstrek plug-in hybrid. That is the only vehicle I have found that will meet all my needs and have really decent fuel economy. And use my E-bike for fun and light errands.
The discussion on FB indicated the Arcimoto isn’t great on snow greater than a couple inches due to the middle wheel sliding in untracked snow. If you need something this year or next I’d go with the Subaru. That or get the Arcimoto later this year either via a friend’s OR/WA/ID address or by saying you will self warranty (if that’s possible). We have an Impreza that we use regularly and like (mostly).
    Go To Post #1
Harrisa 2.. do you know if it's possible to strap large zip ties around the tires as snow chains? Or would that not work?
    Go To Post #1
Since the FUV uses regular car tires, I should be able to put studded snow tires on it in the winter. And since 70% of the weight is on the drive wheels, it might get up my hill if it is icy or if the snow has been plowed. But if it doesn't, no big deal, because it will be a second vehicle anyway. As far as handling problems caused by the rear wheel sliding, I can't see how that is a problem if I drive according to the conditions.

I still haven't had a response to my inquiry.
    Go To Post #1
(01-25-2020, 03:32 PM)DanCooper Wrote: Since the FUV uses regular car tires, I should be able to put studded snow tires on it in the winter. And since 70% of the weight is on the drive wheels, it might get up my hill if it is icy or if the snow has been plowed. But if it doesn't, no big deal, because it will be a second vehicle anyway. As far as handling problems caused by the rear wheel sliding, I can't see how that is a problem if I drive according to the conditions.

I still haven't had a response to my inquiry.

You probably have not had a response because, for the most part they have answered your question in their updates. They are hoping for 2021. They don’t know.

(01-25-2020, 07:27 AM)Templedog1 Wrote: Harrisa 2.. do you know if it's possible to strap large zip ties around the tires as snow chains? Or would that not work?

I don’t have an Arcimoto but my guess is no. The fairing over the tire is so tight you would need to remove them. If you break zip ties they will litter. I think it would be a bad idea. What about plastic studded tires?