Storage shed
    Go To Post #1
(01-25-2020, 03:32 PM)DanCooper Wrote: As far as handling problems caused by the rear wheel sliding, I can't see how that is a problem if I drive according to the conditions.

I still haven't had a response to my inquiry.

The comment on FB was:

Chris Wrote:Snow fun in the FUV. Had to give it a try to see what it could do. We got about 4 inches last night and wanted to what it could do on my neighborhood streets. I went up a snow covered hill with no problem. Seems to have plenty of traction with both front wheels driving. The only issue with it is running the rear tire on top of the island of snow between typical tire tracks, it tends to pitch it side ways depending which side of the mound you are on with the rear tire. It did make for some fun counter steering and plenty of smiles. Definitely would not take out on higher speed roads unless the lanes were all clear.

I think driving according to the conditions may mean even slower in an FUV than a 4 wheel vehicle just because the rear tire doesn't benefit from the front tires clearing the path.

As for no response, I noticed that they can either be really fast in a reply or very delayed in a reply. I think it depends on who is out of town doing PR or not. Maybe Rickb can share with you how he got on the original 100 in ID.
    Go To Post #1
Slower than a 4WD would be OK. I only have one mile where it is icy and steep. If the FUV cannot get up it, one idea I had is to make a limited AWD out of it. I would put a sprocket or belt sheave with a freewheel on the rear wheel. Then I would mount a small motor on the swing arm. If I couldn't do that, a hub motor would be an alternative. The goal would be to provide enough torque to get traction at up to 10 mph, so it would not have to be a large motor. I really only have a few hundred feet that absolutely require AWD.
    Go To Post #1
Joe Morgan finally got back to me and said he would take it up with upper management, but servicing here would be difficult. I said all I need is a service manual and the ability to order parts. I haven't heard back. I am looking into other energy-saving transportation options. As soon as the ice melts I will find out what fraction of trips I can make on my e-bike. I may get rid of both the Prius and the old gas-hog Subaru and just have one vehicle, probably a plug-in hybrid Subaru (which I can afford if I don't buy an FUV). One environmental consideration is that if I sell a gas-hog, and the buyer uses it as much as I was, I haven't done anything for the environment.
    Go To Post #1
(02-07-2020, 04:12 PM)DanCooper Wrote: Joe Morgan finally got back to me and said he would take it up with upper management, but servicing here would be difficult. I said all I need is a service manual and the ability to order parts. I haven't heard back. I am looking into other energy-saving transportation options. As soon as the ice melts I will find out what fraction of trips I can make on my e-bike. I may get rid of both the Prius and the old gas-hog Subaru and just have one vehicle, probably a plug-in hybrid Subaru (which I can afford if I don't buy an FUV). One environmental consideration is that if I sell a gas-hog, and the buyer uses it as much as I was, I haven't done anything for the environment.

Dan I asked Jonathan if I could get my FUV early as I would pickup at AMP, return to AMP for any recalls, and perform my own service and basically I was told I had to wait until they open up my geographic area. Not what I wanted to hear. I hope you have better luck
    Go To Post #1
Well I know they delivered one to Texas which got picked up and taken to LA where the person lives.
    Go To Post #1
Still no response from Arcimoto. I have been waiting for this for several years, and am running out of patience.
    Go To Post #1
It didn't come with a manual? Or not one that's too in-depth? Is there a warranty? I don't recall hearing about the warranty.
    Go To Post #1
There is a manual but it isn’t in depth. They just signed an agreement with Road America https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2...GsID5eNWKM
    Go To Post #1
I guess road America will tow to a rental place for repair services in the future as it grows. IDK who else repairs them.
    Go To Post #1
(02-09-2020, 05:45 PM)Templedog1 Wrote: I guess road America will tow to a rental place for repair services in the future as it grows. IDK who else repairs them.

They do the repairs, too.