Signature Series Numbers
    Go To Post #1
It's just my personal opinion and speculation, but I think the FUV will be a hit in North America.
It's the new ELECTRIC for a large number of people who want the MC experience without the risk of balancing two wheels.

Being an EV with the added promise of a convertible full enclosure, it beats the hell out of things like the slingshot and spyder.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
1) The parking photo is pretty. But you´d have to find two or three other SRKs to park at the same time on that space. Just one would legally have to pay for one full space anywhere in Europe!

2) Most city dwellers do not have private, off-road parking spaces. Cars can be parked at the roadside. Bikes can legally be parked on the pavement. A narrow vehicle could (most likely) be parked like a bike, as long as pedestrians are not inconvenienced unduly.

But the SRK and/or the Solo (like the Smart) would have to park at the roadside, but, as the SRK is open, it wouild almost certainly be vandalised. There can hardly be a market for either vehicle outside the U.S.
    Go To Post #1
I anticipate a great number of FUVs sharing one car parking space in the USA urban areas. Big advantage to help minimize or eliminate the issue of asphalt sprawl in the US so lack of space doesn't beome the problem you have in Europe. Time will tell.

Legally parking an enclosed vehicle on the pavement will most likely be prohibited due to your the tight European restrictions.

Is an open FUV any more likely to be vandalized than your motorbike? If so I'd be as concerned about my enclosed FUV being vandalized or stolen because it is so cool.

Go To Post #1
(01-05-2018, 09:37 PM)paravil Wrote: There can hardly be a market for either vehicle outside the U.S.

Now who's  fault is that really?

Considering the fact that a Can Am Spyder that costs the equivalent of $19,000 USD in Canada will cost you the equivalent of $36,500 USD in Germany?

http://www.canamspyderforums.com/forums/...urope.html
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Actually, with all the money being poured into autonomous vehicle research, I think most manufacturers are looking ahead to driverless cars to solve urban traffic situations.  That doesn't mean interim vehicles like tilting, narrow-bodied three-wheelers couldn't find widespread acceptance, but I sense most automakers will lean heavily toward cars for the foreseeable future (pun partially intended). ;-)

Arcimoto doesn't need to pursue such heavy engineering and software development like tilting bodies or gyroscopic stabilization systems.  They've correctly identified the market here in the U.S. and the FUV offers a singular combination of practicality and fun at an affordable price.  My co-workers think the thing is seriously cool and they don't share those same sentiments with a standard two-wheeler.  Or a car.  Now they want one.
[+] 1 user Likes Tightapex's post
    Go To Post #1
(01-03-2018, 09:41 PM)SparkE Wrote: Ya know, FUV *could* stand for "f**ked up vehicle" ....

I keyed, I keeeeeeeed. {In the voice of Triumph The Insult Comic Dog, of course!}

(That was a joke, folks)

My wife and I joke that it actually stands for "eff you vehicle", a brazen stand against the major auto manufacturers.

(01-04-2018, 05:13 PM)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, I keep thinking of improvements. For example, I might like all wheel drive, to get up the 15% grade to my home in Winter. But two wheel drive will probably be sufficient, with studded snow tires. If it isn't, I envision a sprocket and chain, driven by a small motor that could provide torque up to about 15 mph and then freewheel.

I could even see wanting two FUVs, since my wife and I often go different places.

Dealing with Massachusetts winters, I also pondered the efficacy of an all wheel drive vehicle in this thread. Interesting responses.

http://srkowners.com/showthread.php?tid=195
    Go To Post #1
I've moved the discussion that was in this thread that was about the "Efficient Urban LIght Vehicle"...
To the "Similar Vehicles" forum and merged it with the thread that was already there entitled "Efficient Urban LIght Vehicle"
http://srkowners.com/showthread.php?tid=260

If I hadn't done that, both discussions would have continued on in separate directions.
And in addition to that, SparkE would have had my *ss for not doing it. [Image: becky.gif]
    Go To Post #1
(12-30-2017, 06:58 PM)bevhoward Wrote: >> registered and insured throughout the Continent <<

At least Arcimoto doesn't have to deal with the steering wheel side for their certification ;-)

Beverly Howard

Hey Bev,
It's been a while, so my short term memory fails me on this.
Are you able to post any links and/or a signature line after I did a little background voodoo?