Out On The Town
    Go To Post #1
danigone  Arcimotos at the Cherry Blossoms, driving around the tidal basin.

When you look as good as your ride does...

.jpg   orange_suit.jpg (Size: 205.52 KB / Downloads: 227)
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
When I first saw this photo I thought he had clothes coming back from the cleaners in the back seat. After looking at it a bit I realize that there are people in the background.

Now I am wondering if it is possible to bring clothes back from the cleaners. Sounds like another accessory for the designers to consider.
[+] 1 user Likes shome's post
    Go To Post #1
Like many people who work at a desk, he´s wearing a dark grey suit. And even if he´d just picked up some clothes from the dry cleaners, he´d only get back home without his suit and the clothes being covered in dust IF THERE WERE DOORS AND ENCLOSURES!
It´s just not good enough to repeatedly maintain that they´re `coming soon´. Or that they´re just so easy to fit later on etc. etc.
Discussions as to whether there´s space for a cup holder etc are inconsequential compared with the possibility of enclosing the passenger compartment. Is this becoming the elephant in the room? Why hasn´t Arcimoto at least shown us a bit more than pretty photoshop `renderings´?
    Go To Post #1
(04-13-2018, 08:05 AM)paravil Wrote: Like many people who work at a desk, he´s wearing a dark grey suit. And even if he´d just picked up some clothes from the dry cleaners, he´d only get back home without his suit and the clothes being covered in dust IF THERE WERE DOORS AND ENCLOSURES!
It´s just not good enough to repeatedly maintain that they´re `coming soon´. Or that they´re just so easy to fit later on etc. etc.
Discussions as to whether there´s space for a cup holder etc are inconsequential compared with the possibility of enclosing the passenger compartment. Is this becoming the elephant in the room? Why hasn´t Arcimoto at least shown us a bit more than pretty photoshop `renderings´?
For the future base model FUV Owners that don’t require an enclosed three wheeler motorcycle, the cup holder is a far more important option.  We can buy an after market cup holder and lockable box for our vehicle registration/insurance paperwork.  The good news is that there is no raging bull. Smile Regarding the hard and softshell enclosure options:

Attached Files
.png   E2395DA8-08AB-4363-84DE-C02742D581BB.png (Size: 3.71 KB / Downloads: 103)

Go To Post #1
(04-13-2018, 08:05 AM)paravil Wrote: Like many people who work at a desk, he´s wearing a dark grey suit. And even if he´d just picked up some clothes from the dry cleaners, he´d only get back home without his suit and the clothes being covered in dust IF THERE WERE DOORS AND ENCLOSURES!

So... when they come out with the doors and enclosures...

Will you buy one?
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
I´ll quite definitely buy a small, narrow (less than 80cm width), electric or hybrid powered tandem two seater with tilting technology and fully eclosed (removeable side panels) with a max. speed of over 100km/h when it´s made by a company I can trust according to internationally accepted safety norms. The technology is not revolutionary, so it´s possibly worth waiting for.

Until then, I´ll carry on observing how so many small sartup companies try and fail to sell their flawed dream product. I´m sure the point has been adequately made with the Solo. Please don´t ask me to list all my criticism of both the SRK and the Solo. The list would be just too long (and would probably be a legal liability when dealing with EM).
    Go To Post #1
(04-13-2018, 08:05 AM)paravil Wrote: Is this becoming the elephant in the room?

I gave my friend an elephant for his room.
He said "Thank you."
I said "Don't mention it."
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
Wouldn't a Toyota I-Road come close to what you want? For my needs, the FUV will be much better. Many roads here, even in town, have traffic faster than the I-Road can go. I would like to see a lot of data on how an active tilter would handle potholes, sand, snow, and ice before I would consider one. In a town where you aren't surrounded by impatient drivers in SUVs and pickups, and where the roads are well maintained, the I-Road might work out.

Another thing us that a large established manufacturer does not give any assurance that the product will be supported. Suppose it turns out that the market will only support sales of a few thousand units a year. Toyota will walk away from it, while Arcimoto may be able to be profitable at that level.
    Go To Post #1
Think Toyota´s given up on the iRoad. The design was flawed (rear wheel steering, limited top speed). Tilting three wheeled scooters are quite popular here. I´ve tried one out and it was a lot safer than my hot bike. What makes the SRK and the Solo interesting is the question of their acceptance under the given international certification categories.
    Go To Post #1
I used scissor lifts for many years, and driving backwards to take advantage of rear-wheel-steering greatly enhanced my maneuverability in tight spaces. I certainly wouldn't try that in a car on a road. Far too unstable.