Production timeline update
    Go To Post #1
(08-10-2019, 04:59 PM)jimball Wrote: Is this an Arcimoto announcement?  I seem to have missed it, if so.

Go To Post #1
I’ll be honest I was surprised they still had things to work on when I visited. Because let’s say there were no blinker or certification issues, I am not confident they would be ready for production yet. I didn’t see a single completed door, they had one working prototype that was apparently getting close, although didn’t look to close to me. They don’t know yet where they are going to put the cup holder(silly but an example of how there are still a lot of things up in air).
I just didn’t get confidence that if certification was done, they’d be in production.
Also there was not a single working trunk to be found either.

Now they could be taking the extra time they have waiting for final certifications, to improving on designs and all that, and I have no doubt that’s part of it! But still it definitely gave me pause.

Rick I do know that Mark has mandated the doors be easy on and off, no spending an hour with tools to detach. That was good to hear although by the time we get the evergreen I have a feeling I’ll have doors on for the next 6 months or so weatherwise 😫

I hate to say it but for the first time since I put $5k down I have regrets that I didn’t wait until next year. Part of that is the recent few days of rain we’ve had in Portland remind me what is coming. We’ve essentially lost the whole summer and that truly was the only reason my impatient butt was willing to be an early Evergreen adopter!
    Go To Post #1
(08-10-2019, 04:59 PM)jimball Wrote: Is this an Arcimoto announcement?  I seem to have missed it, if so.
Sorry Jim, it was my optimistic guess on the retail delivery start in response to harriska2’s previous post.  Arcimoto did state sometime back that they should be cranking out 3-4 units per day at the start of retail production.  I hope we get good news on certification successfully completed and an official production start.  My wife has begun to move to the dark side.

Go To Post #1
I did remark a while back that the government ineptitude would be a likely delay. Example: Using previously certified motorcycle blinkers, then have some useless twit on a power trip refuse to certify already certified lights. "Respect me! I have power & authority over you!" Obviously not enough palm grease applied.
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
My understanding is it’s private testing labs involved in the validation testing process.

Go To Post #1
(08-11-2019, 02:00 AM)Rickb Wrote: My understanding is it’s private testing labs involved in the validation testing process.

Private sector or government - same applies.  Petty bureaucrat power-trip mentality.  "Already approved lights?  Not by me!"
    Go To Post #1
It sounds to me like somebody is doing their job (at least as already explained on this thread : "I believe the testing of the blinkers is fairly specific, like a car at a 90 degree angle, has to be able to see your blinker from the side at a certain level of luminosity. ") If the light can't be seen, or isn't bright enough, then it shouldn't pass. It doesn't matter if in a different config (different vehicle) it was visible (or bright enough).
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
A coworker once recommended that in any regulatory submission we should include one glaring error so they could find it and we could fix it quickly.
[+] 2 users Like DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
I expressed concern about the required manufacturer FMVSS certification prior to placing my Evergreen reservation deposit. The FUV needs a FMVSS tag and a VIN# to register and license it in the State of Idaho. The indication was that Arcimoto engineers were well aware of ‘all’ NHTSA motorcycle manufacturer validation requirements. My assumption was the validation vehicles sent off to private testing labs had been equipment specified and validation tested by Arcimoto engineers and the official certification would have been a piece of cake formality rather than retail production months long roadblocks. I cast no blame on the regulators or the private labs, but rather the blame appears to be on Arcimoto’s design and engineering Team members (my all time favorite Team). Arcimoto, sorry for my speculative criticism, I could be wrong.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Given the state of anti-EV oil profit bias in power at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if government certification for anything EV related was a very difficult thing to get.
[+] 1 user Likes 4dthinker's post